- 1 What makes laundry detergent good?
- 2 What kind of monkey can fly graphs?
- 3 How do you make high quality liquid detergent?
- 4 Are laundry detergents toxic?
- 5 What is the equation of the line graphed?
- 6 How do you make homemade liquid laundry detergent?
- 7 What are the ingredients of detergent?
- 8 What are the worst laundry detergents?
- 9 What laundry detergents are toxic?
- 10 Why is Tide bad for you?
What makes laundry detergent good?
Alkalies, a major component in most laundry detergents, are soluble salts and a base that reacts with an acid to neutralize it. They are effective in removing dirt and stains from fabric without excessive rubbing. Soluble salts of an alkali metal like potassium or sodium are good grease removers.
What kind of monkey can fly graphs?
The answer to the joke what kind of monkey can fly is a hot air baboon.
How do you make high quality liquid detergent?
Here’s the formula: Add 72.31% of water in the mixing tank and start mixing. Add 5.04% of sodium hydroxide (50% solution) followed by 9.6% of DDBSA (Calsoft LAS-99, Pilot). Mix well until complete neutralization to pH 7-9. Add 5% of SLES (Calfoam ES-702, Pilot).
Are laundry detergents toxic?
Leading brand, regular detergents are toxic both for humans and for the environment. However, natural laundry detergents are not and are a great choice when thinking about the best cleaning products for you and your family.
What is the equation of the line graphed?
To find the equation of a graphed line, find the y-intercept and the slope in order to write the equation in y-intercept (y=mx+b) form. Slope is the change in y over the change in x. Find two points on the line and draw a slope triangle connecting the two points.
How do you make homemade liquid laundry detergent?
Stir 1/2 cup to 1 cup of washing soda into the soap mixture, using a paint stirrer stick. Add up to 1 cup of borax to the mixture if you prefer a heavy-duty detergent. Pour 1 gallon of water into the mixture so that the laundry detergent contains a total of 2 gallons of water.
What are the ingredients of detergent?
Laundrypedia: Detergent Ingredients
- Alcohol Ethoxylate (AE) Non-ionic surfactant.
- Alkyl (or Alcohol) Ethoxy Sulphate (AES) and Alkyl Sulphate (AS) Anionic surfactant.
- Amine Oxide. Amphoteric surfactant.
- Carboxymethyl Cellulose (CMC)
- Citric Acid.
- Diethyl Ester Dimethyl Ammonium Chloride (DEEDMAC)
What are the worst laundry detergents?
Next: These are the absolute worst detergents money can buy.
- Xtra ScentSations.
- Trader Joe’s Liquid Laundry HE.
- Woolite Everyday.
- Home Solv 2X Concentrated.
- Xtra Plus OxiClean.
- Sun Triple Clean.
- Arm & Hammer Toss ‘N Done Ultra Power Paks.
- Tide Plus Ultra Stain Release and Persil ProClean Power-Liquid 2in1.
What laundry detergents are toxic?
14+ Toxic Chemicals Commonly Found in Brand Name Laundry Detergent
- Nonylphenol Ethoxylates (NPEs)
- Synthetic and Petroleum-Based Surfactants.
- Chlorine Bleach.
- Ammonium Quaternary Sanitizers (Quats)
- Benzyl Acetate, and Other Benzene Ingredients.
Why is Tide bad for you?
Chief among these concerns is a chemical known as 1,4-dioxane. According to the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry, exposure to this compound can cause eye and nose irritation, kidney problems, and possible long-term lung damage.