- 1 Which stain remover works best science project?
- 2 Does laundry detergent remove stains?
- 3 Which soap cleans better science project?
- 4 How does the type of washing detergent affect the removal of stains?
- 5 Will OxiClean remove old stains?
- 6 How do you remove old stains from clothes?
- 7 What are the worst laundry detergents?
- 8 What is the most toxic laundry detergent?
- 9 What are the hardest stains to remove?
- 10 What type of soap cleans the best?
- 11 What detergent works best?
- 12 Why are some stains harder to remove than others?
- 13 What type of stains is easily removed?
Which stain remover works best science project?
The results show that the best way to remove stains is to use either a combination of vinegar and baking soda paste + commercial laundry detergent or to use a combination of commercial pre-stain treatment + laundry detergent.
Does laundry detergent remove stains?
Detergent is the must-have item for clean clothes, but it can also be your must-have item for stain removal. Apply a bit of liquid laundry detergent to your stain, and rub it in with a brush or your fingers. Then, toss the soiled garment into the wash along with the rest of your clothing, and forget about it.
Which soap cleans better science project?
The purpose of this experiment was to test four brands of detergent to see which cleaned the best. The four brands being tested were Tide, Cheer, Melaleuca and Kirkland (Costco Brand). The hypothesis was that Tide would do the best because its advertisement says it cleans better than clean. It had also won a VIP award.
How does the type of washing detergent affect the removal of stains?
Surfactants are molecules that reduce the surface tension between a liquid and solid. By reducing this surface tension, they help lift the stain from dirty clothes. This means, during the water rinse cycle, if the surfactants do their job, all of that dirt will get washed away.
Will OxiClean remove old stains?
Getting out set-in stains with OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover. That stained shirt has been sitting at the bottom of the laundry bin forever, the stain has definitely set-in. But with OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover you can get out even tough, set-in stains. For best results, treat stains while still fresh.
How do you remove old stains from clothes?
For this method, you’ll:
- Fill an empty water bottle with straight vinegar.
- Completely saturate the stained area.
- Sprinkle baking soda over the area.
- Gently rub the mixture in to the fabric, respraying vinegar as necessary.
- Allow to sit for up to 30 minutes.
- Rinse the back of the stain with cool water for a few minutes.
What are the worst laundry detergents?
Next: These are the absolute worst detergents money can buy.
- Xtra ScentSations.
- Trader Joe’s Liquid Laundry HE.
- Woolite Everyday.
- Home Solv 2X Concentrated.
- Xtra Plus OxiClean.
- Sun Triple Clean.
- Arm & Hammer Toss ‘N Done Ultra Power Paks.
- Tide Plus Ultra Stain Release and Persil ProClean Power-Liquid 2in1.
What is the most toxic laundry detergent?
That’s right, “TOXIC.” Those are also the words of the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. Tide laundry detergent is toxic. we call Good Stuff!), but we’ve known for years that most major brands contain a wide array of toxic ingredients. Chief among these concerns is a chemical known as 1,4-dioxane.
What are the hardest stains to remove?
But for these 8 hardest and stubborn stains to remove, you would be needing more than that to get rid of them.
- Hot Cocoa.
- Permanent Marker.
- Tomato Sauce.
- Grass Stains.
- Red Wine.
What type of soap cleans the best?
Clean and Green: The Best All-Natural Soaps
- Neutrogena Cleansing Bar, Fragrance-Free, $3, neutrogena.com.
- Herbivore Pink Clay Gentle Cleansing Bar Soap, $12, herbivorebotanicals.com.
- Farmhouse Fresh Front Porch Punch Shea Butter Soap, $12, farmhousefreshgoods.com.
- The Body Shop Olive Soap, $5, thebodyshop-usa.com.
What detergent works best?
Best Overall Single Dose Laundry Detergent: Tide 3-in-1 Laundry Detergent Pods. Best Overall Liquid Laundry Detergent: Persil Proclean + Stain Fighter Liquid Laundry Detergent. Best Overall Powder Laundry Detergent: Tide+ Plus Bleach Powder Laundry Detergent.
Why are some stains harder to remove than others?
The longer a stain is left untreated, the less likely it is to be removed. When a spill first occurs, it sits on the surface of the fabric, but over time, that spill can start to react with the fabric causing the fabric to actually change colors. Not knowing what the stain is made of makes it more difficult to remove.
What type of stains is easily removed?
- Water – Hot, cold, free, fresh and plentiful.
- Vinegar – Vinegar is a natural and effective stain remover.
- Hydrogen Peroxide – Great for removing blood or rust stains, hydrogen peroxide has a bleach effect without the destructive color change.