- 1 Why is laundry detergent expensive?
- 2 Why is laundry detergent a high theft item?
- 3 Is Tide a currency?
- 4 Is Tide detergent worth the money?
- 5 Is it better to use liquid or powder laundry detergent?
- 6 What is the best inexpensive laundry detergent?
- 7 What’s a good laundry detergent?
- 8 Why is Tide detergent bad?
- 9 Why are stores locking up Tide detergent?
- 10 Why is Tide locked up at Walmart?
- 11 What drugs can be made with laundry detergent?
- 12 What’s the worst laundry detergent?
- 13 How do hotels keep their towels so white and soft?
- 14 What laundry detergent do dermatologists recommend?
Why is laundry detergent expensive?
Detergent is so expensive because its made from petroleum. However, we use detergent more for the smell than anything else. You dont really need soap to get your clothes clean. Detergent is so expensive because its made from petroleum.
Why is laundry detergent a high theft item?
Because it’s become the new currency on the street, and a lot of drug addicts are stealing bottles of liquid detergent and then trading them for drugs, like heroin and meth. Or drug addicts will steal the detergent and then re-sell it for cash to buy drugs.
Is Tide a currency?
Tide bottles have become ad hoc street currency, with a 150-ounce bottle going for either $5 cash or $10 worth of weed or crack cocaine. According to research firm SymphonyIRI Group, Tide is now a $1.7 billion business representing more than 30 percent of the liquid-detergent market.
Is Tide detergent worth the money?
Tide Original – Best Value Tide has been the best-selling laundry detergent in the U.S. for 68 years. It’s no wonder it did well in our evaluations of price, scent, and cleaning ability. Yes, it lagged slightly behind Persil in the stain-fighting test, but it stood toe-to-toe in all other categories.
Is it better to use liquid or powder laundry detergent?
For cleaner clothes and fewer washing machine issues, stick with liquid. When it comes to washing your clothes, powder and liquid detergents aren’t that different. Liquid detergent is better at greasy stains, while powder detergent is better at getting mud out.
What is the best inexpensive laundry detergent?
The best laundry detergents for every budget
- Seventh Generation Free & Clear Laundry Detergent at Walmart.
- Tide Original High Efficiency Laundry Detergent at Walmart.
- Persil ProClean Original at Walmart.
- All Liquid Laundry Detergent Stainlifter at Amazon.
- Gain Aroma Boost Liquid Laundry Detergent at Walmart.
What’s a good laundry detergent?
These are the best laundry detergents we tested ranked, in order:
- Persil ProClean.
- Tide Original.
- Persil ProClean Sensitive Skin.
- Tide Purclean.
- Kirkland UltraClean.
- Gain Original.
- Arm & Hammer CleanBurst.
Why is Tide detergent bad?
Chief among these concerns is a chemical known as 1,4-dioxane. According to the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry, exposure to this compound can cause eye and nose irritation, kidney problems, and possible long-term lung damage.
Why are stores locking up Tide detergent?
Some stores have always locked the products up to prevent theft, but others are starting to do so to deter the dangerous trend. In some parts of the country, big retailers like Walmart and Walgreens have started to attach anti-theft devices to the products.
Why is Tide locked up at Walmart?
The extra security is to ward off would-be thieves, according to a Walmart spokesperson. “It’s kind of ridiculous that they have to lock it up,” said student Sang Vo. In Modesto and Stockton, California — laundry pods that used to be easily accessible are no more.
What drugs can be made with laundry detergent?
Unlike nasal decongestants, which can be used to make methamphetamine, laundry detergent is generally used for its intended purpose after it is stolen, authorities and industry officials say. Many thieves are selling it on the street themselves at cut-rate prices, sometimes outside coin-operated laundries.
What’s the worst laundry detergent?
Next: These are the absolute worst detergents money can buy.
- Xtra ScentSations.
- Trader Joe’s Liquid Laundry HE.
- Woolite Everyday.
- Home Solv 2X Concentrated.
- Xtra Plus OxiClean.
- Sun Triple Clean.
- Arm & Hammer Toss ‘N Done Ultra Power Paks.
- Tide Plus Ultra Stain Release and Persil ProClean Power-Liquid 2in1.
How do hotels keep their towels so white and soft?
How Do Hotels Keep Towels So White? Most hotels tend to stick to white standard towels to match their interior design. According to one hotel management, they first treat all stains on the laundry. Then, they toss them in a big pot full of a mixture of baking soda, laundry detergent or soap, and cold water.
What laundry detergent do dermatologists recommend?
all® free clear liquid laundry detergent is the #1 recommended detergent brand by Dermatologists, Allergists and Pediatricians for sensitive skin.